- LLB (University of Auckland)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- New Zealand Law Society
- Property Law Section Accredited Specialist
- Auckland District Law Society Inc.
- Property Law Committee (2008 – present)
- Hong Kong New Zealand Business Association – President (2012 –
- Hong Kong New Zealand Business Association – Executive Board member (2002 – present)
- Chinese New Settlers Services Trust (now CNSST Foundation) – Chair of Board (2016 to present)
- Chinese New Settlers Services Trust – Vice Chair (2014 – 2016)
- Chinese New Settlers Services Trust – Board Member (2011 – 2014)
- New Zealand Association for Migration & Investment – Member (2010 to present)
- Department of Conservation – Auckland conservation – Board Member (2011 – June 2014)
- Chinese Conservation Education Trust – Founding Vice-Chair (2002 – 2004)/Chair Person (2004 – 2006)
Stella Chan has been working in the legal profession in New Zealand since 1998. She obtained her legal executive qualification after three years part time study and subsequently completed her law degree at the Auckland University in 1999.
Prior to co-founding Forest Harrison, Stella has worked for a number of prominent law firms in Auckland, including one of the top law firms in the country. Stella has a great deal of experience in working on large-scale commercial transactions; with particular emphasis on due diligence and conveyancing. She has been responsible for all legal aspects of the leasing of several large shopping complexes. She has established a strong reputation for efficient service tailored to the client’s needs.
Aside from her strong background in property transactions, Stella also has a great deal of experience in most areas of law, including property development, company restructuring, commercial leasing, commercial contract dispute, family trust matters and immigration.
She is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese and enjoys working with clients in their own language.
Stella is greatly sought after as a speaker. She has spoken and advised immigration consultants, bank clients and community groups on different areas of law including immigration and employment. Stella also conducted two seminars in Hong Kong for a well known bank in Hong Kong on migration, investment and property in New Zealand. She has also had articles published in Chinese newspapers.
Forest Harrison’s partners believe it is important for business leaders to share their talents with their communities.
Stella has served on the Executive Board of the Hong Kong New Zealand Business Association for over 10 years. One of the leading associations in the country, HKNZBA aims to promote commercial activity and business connections between Hong Kong and New Zealand. She was elected as President of the Association in March 2012 and re-elected as President in 2013.
Stella was appointed as board member of the Auckland Conservation Board by the Minister of Conservation in September 2011 and finished her term as of June 2014.
She is the Chair of the Board and a trustee of the CNSST Foundation (formerly Chinese New Settlers Services Trust). The trust offers culturally and linguistically appropriate services to both Asian new settlers and the Asian communities and is the largest Chinese charitable trust in New Zealand. It works in close conjunction with a number of government agencies.
Stella was also the founding Vice-Chair of the Chinese Conservation Education Trust, which was established in 2002 with the support of the Department of Conservation. She served as Chair Person from 2004 to 2006.
To arrange to meet Stella Chan, please call +64 9 308 0080 or email email@example.com