MNZM, CMInstD, LLB (Hons)
- LLB (Hons) University of Canterbury
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Lyn started in Forest Harrison in 2006. She specialises in commercial, corporate and governance law and particularly in litigation and dispute resolution areas.
Lyn commenced practice in New Zealand in 1990, initially in property area and subsequently in commercial and litigation areas.
Prior to co-founding Forest Harrison, Lyn was a partner in a large national law firm and was one the first Asian women to be made a partner in the big firms. She established a reputation for effective handling of contentious work in general commercial and property areas, such as corporate recovery, property and commercial litigation, securities enforcement, debt recovery and issues relating to insolvency.
Lyn has worked in intellectual property and information technology law in the areas of proprietary rights, trade marks, copyright, passing off, confidential information, product labeling, Fair Trading Act infringements as well as plant variety issues.
Lyn has acted for a wide range of clients including multinational entities, banks and insurance companies and overseas litigants from Asia. Communication with Asian clients is made easy because Lyn is fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Fujian and Bahasa Malaysia.
The firm provides niche legal services to companies, high net-worth clients of Asian origin, and those with business links to Asia. She is a member of New Zealand Law Society as well as the Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
Lyn has appeared in the Court of Appeal, High Court and District Courts and other tribunals. She has also presented a number of seminars.
In recent years Lyn has accepted Board roles and is experienced in governance matters.
Forest Harrison’s partners believe it is important for business leaders to share their skills with their communities. Lyn has strong interests and involvement in commercial and community activities, in particular in the Asian community.
In 2017, Lyn was honoured to be appointed a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit in recognition of her work in governance and Asian Relation.
Lyn believes it is important to give back to the business and local communities.
Current Governance Role
- Foundation North – Trustee & Chair
- AUT University – Council Member
- Auckland Regional Amenities Funding Board – Board Member
- Asia New Zealand Foundation Trustee
Past Governance Role
- Public Trust – Director (2014 to 2017)
- Centre for Social Impact – Director & Deputy Chair (2015 to 2017)
- New Zealand Shareholders Association Inc. – Director (2010-2016)
- New Zealand Chinese Youth Trust – Trustee (2004 to 2015)/ Chair (2009-2012)
- Auckland District Law Society Inc.
- Commercial Law Committee (2009)
- Courts Committee (2009)
- Property Dispute Council (2009)
- Council Member (2005-2007)
- ANZ National Private Bank External Advisory Board – External Advisor (2008 & 2009)
- NZ China Trade Association- Executive Member (2004-2007)
- Hong Kong New Zealand Business Association (2004- 2005)
- Chartered Member Institute of Directors
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (Vice Chair of Women Business Law Committee)
To arrange to meet Lyn Lim, please call +64 9 308 0080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org